[squid-users] Does GREASE bug affect squid 4.10 too?

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:18:46 UTC 2020

Hello,

Recently there has been reports of GREASE bug wrt Google chrome and Squid.

I was under belief that it did not affect squid version 4.10 or below.
(I am using squid 4.10 on server - OS is Arch Linux.)

But today since morning users have been complaining about sites not
opening. The server is heavily loaded so it is not easy for me to debug
as there is continuous stream of logs. Plus its work from home which
slows things down for me.

After spending lots of time in finding the issue, I disabled SSL bump
for all sites (added .* to acl file to not monitor any site)

And sites started working again.

I believe this issue was specific to those who used Google chrome but I
am not 100% sure.

So can someone please confirm if bug can affect squid version 4.10 or
not? And if I upgrade to squid 4.13 will it definitely solve the GREASE
issue.

Or can it be that Google chrome has again come up with something new
which is breaking SSL again?

Thank you in advance,

Amish.