[squid-users] (71) Protocol error (TLS code: X509_V_ERR_DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT)

m k tamurin0525 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 01:30:03 UTC 2020

Hi team,

Sorry for the many questions.
As an in-house SE, I plan to switch from Bluecoat to Squid.
***I am Japanese. And I can not do English.
All are Google translations.***

I am doing a load test on Squid.
Apache Jmeter is loading the self-certified WEB server.
How can I test with a self-certified WEB server with Jmeter?

Squid server:
 -set SSL Bump
 -No authentication(no AD,no Basic)
 -Other https is OK(yahoo,google,etc)

Web server:
 -Apache and ssl_mod installed
 -Registered in DNS
 -Created a self-signed certificate
 -Set the p12 file to Jmeter's SSL Manager

Jmeter
 response header

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Server: squid/4.4

 response body
(71) Protocol error (TLS code: X509_V_ERR_DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT)

This proxy and the host to which it connects could not get security
settings to handle your request, which are accepted by each other. The host
you are connecting to may not support secure connections, or the proxy may
not be able to meet the certificate requested by the host you are
connecting to.

Thank you,
kitamura