[squid-users] Need squid latest version 4.12 RPM packaged files for centos7 and x86_64 architecture

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Aug 21 11:58:22 UTC 2020

On 21/08/20 10:37 pm, rahul.negi wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I tried installing squid version 4.12 using RPM files but only one package is failing while installation i.e. squid-debuginfo-4.12-1.el7.x86_64.rpm. The link to this package is as follow https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFs60Exv3C4B%2DNI&cid=6AB28772521B8B88&id=6AB28772521B8B88%214671&parId=6AB28772521B8B88%214664&o=OneUp
>
> Please find attached full report with logs regarding the error which I am getting while installing squid-debuginfo file.
>
> Also, The squid service is active and operational anyhow irrespective of failure of squid-debuginfo package installation. Can anyone please tell me the consequence of it later if squid debuginfo package is not installed properly.

AIUI, that package should only contain debug symbols for the binary in
the matching "squid" package. If correct the only result of not having
it, or not installing it correctly, is that tools like gdb will not be
able to produce human readable stack traces from core dumps or a running
squid.

So, no harm there unless the restart issue is an segfault crash.

> Moreover, For OpenSSL I used Perl Crypto OpenSSL package as follow perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-X509-1.803-4.el7.x86_64.rpm. But the output of squid -v command is showing different OpenSSL version as following "This binary uses OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips  26 Jan 2017. For legal restrictions on distribution see https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html"

That piece of squid -v output is produced by the libssl library itself.
So the version shown there is the one Squid found using your OS PATH and
such environment or openssl config settings.

We have had a few reports of this same issue happening with FIPS libssl
packages overriding non-FIPS library versions. Unfortunately none of the
earlier reporters have came back with any details - so the above info is
all I can provide.

HTH