[squid-users] WebServer-SRG or Application SRG for Squid?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Aug 11 11:26:12 UTC 2020

On 11/08/20 6:02 pm, Leonard Humphries CW wrote:
> I have a task of STIGing Squid on CentOS7.  Does anyone have recommended
> STIG checklists or SRG’s for Squid on CentOS7?

Squid is cross-platform software. So guides for Squid configuration will
be platform agnostic.

Guides for securing the OS environment will be OS-specific, but that is
not restricted to Squid. Any web accessible or accessing software will
likely share the same requirements and solutions.

> Also, It is my
> understanding that if Squid isn’t utilizing caching , then it might be
> better to use the Application SRG instead of the Webserver SRG. Does
> anyone have any insight to this?

I think that is incorrect. Without knowing the specific SRG you are
talking about its unclear which you should be using - but either way
caching should not be the factor to decide between them.