[squid-users] Configure A Native FTP proxy on Squid

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Apr 25 20:26:33 UTC 2020

On Saturday 25 April 2020 at 19:27:51, Dawood Aijaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, I am developing a Data Loss Prevention Tool. One of the
> requirements is to monitor FTP traffic. So can someone help me set up an
> FTP native proxy is squid and how will I be able to monitor FTP traffic

Why do you want to use Squid for this purpose when Squid is not a native FTP
proxy?

Squid can handle FTP traffic when it is proxied by an HTTP-proxy-aware client.

It will not "transparently" intercept and proxy standard FTP traffic without the
client being specifically configured to use Squid.

In my opinion you are trying to use the wrong tool for the job.

Also, if you are developing a Data Loss Prevention Tool, then in my opinion
one of the first things you should do is to stop people using FTP and make them
use something secure instead.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Antony.

--
Was ist braun, liegt ins Gras, und raucht?
Ein Kaminchen...

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.