[squid-users] setup FTP proxy and FTP content monitoring

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Apr 21 15:33:01 UTC 2020

On Tuesday 21 April 2020 at 17:26:05, Dawood Aijaz wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently working on a task to monitor FTP traffic and analyze it.
> So can somebody help me to set up FTP proxy for squid and to analyze FTP
> data

Squid supports FTP natively.  You don't need to configure anything special
provided your FTP setup is operating on standard ports etc.

Have you tried telling your client/s to use Squid for FTP and run into
problems?

If so, give us details of your network arrangement, what configuration you have
done, and what problems you run into, and we can try to help.

If you haven't tried yet, give it a go and see if it "just works" :)

Regarding the data analysis, this is not really a Squid question - we'd need
to know what sort of analysis you want to do and what sort of results you're
looking to get out of the end of it, and that question may be more suited to
another forum such as Icinga or Grafana, for example.

Squid will do the proxying, but it's not a data analysis tool.

Regards,

Antony

--
The next sentence is untrue.