[squid-users] tproxy sslbump and user authentication

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Apr 21 12:40:55 UTC 2020

On 21.04.20 12:33, Vieri wrote:
>Can the explicit proxy ssl-bump HTTPS traffic and thus analyze traffic with ICAP + squidclamav, for instance?

yes.

>Simply put, will I be able to block, eg.
> https://secure.eicar.org/eicarcom2.zip not by mimetype, file extension,
> url matching, etc., but by analyzing its content with clamav via ICAP?

without bumping, you won't be able to block by anything, only by secure.eicar.org
hostname.

>> TPROXY and NAT are for proxying traffic of clients which do not support
>> HTTP proxies. They are hugely limited in what they can do. If you have
>> ability to use explicit-proxy, do so.
>
>Unfortunately, some programs don't support proxies, or we simply don't care
> and want to force-filter traffic anyway.

of course, but it has drawbacks.
You need to create own certificate and push it to clients/applications.
Some applications may refuse the certificate anyway

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)