[squid-users] Subject: Expose FTP data using Squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Apr 21 06:18:41 UTC 2020

On 21/04/20 11:22 am, Dawood Aijaz wrote:
>  Hi,
> Currently, I am developing a project in which I am required to monitor
> FTP traffic. So I am using Squid proxy with FTP over HTTP enabled.

What do you mean by "FTP over HTTP" ? and how have you enabled it?

Squid has native support for both accessing FTP servers using HTTP
clients and acting as a proxy for FTP port.

> The
> Squid icap sends the request to the cap server however in the icap
> server it only shows the "CONNECT request" to the destination FTP server
> but does not show the request which actually contains the FTP data.
> I want to see all the data passing  using FTP can somebody help me

This sounds like you have configured the client FTP software to see HTTP
proxy. The CONNECT you see is all that happens with Squid in that situation.