[squid-users] ssl proxy and decrypted forwarding

Sam Castellano scastellano at quadrantsec.com
Fri Apr 17 16:00:11 UTC 2020

Thank you for the swift response Alex, my main goal is to be able to use suricata or snort to analyze the decrypted https traffic/payload. Suricata/Snort is looking at the interface and naturally will only see the https messages encrypted as the squid server receives the messages encrypted and sends them out encrypted. So I am actually trying to send the proxied https messages decrypted. I hope that makes sense.... Sorry if I misunderstood your explanation and all the help is greatly appreciated so thank you !

Best regards-

Sam Castellano