[squid-users] Setting up proxy with private to public

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Apr 14 11:27:37 UTC 2020

On 13.04.20 13:19, Chris Bidwell - NOAA Federal wrote:
>Very new to squid and am looking to setup several internal subnets to
>access external network (internet) through squid on a separate interface.

squid does not use interfaces, squid uses IP addresses.
interfaces are up to underlying OS.

>Server has two IP's.  One private internal and one public.  Can someone
>point me in the right direction to get this setup?  Running RHEL7.

this way all internal clients must connect to SQUID's internal IP and squid
will connect to the net using extenral IP.

>Do I need to create static routes?

maybe, however this is unrelated to squid

> Do I need firewalld rules in place?

no, unless you want to use HTTP interception.

Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete