[squid-users] help with TC_MISS/200

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Apr 6 22:39:40 UTC 2020

On 7/04/20 10:13 am, Juan Manuel P wrote:
> Hello a implementing a reverse transparent  proxy, connected directed to
> internet with round-robin balance to two internal again reverse
> transparent proxy.

There is no such thing as "reverse transparent proxy".

"reverse proxy" and "transparent proxy" have incompatible requirements
at the HTTP semantic behaviour level.

Also, "round-robin balance" and "transparent proxy" have mutually
exclusive packet routing requirements at the TCP level.

What exactly have you configured? at both proxy levels, and in the
networking systems between them?

> A note that allways my request is serving by a 0 TCP_ MISS/200, on three
> squids
>
> That mean never take from cache ?

That is what it means, yes.

> Squid conf:
>
> cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid-app/ 300 16 256

This cache cannot store more than 300MB total data. That may or may not
be relevant. We will need to see the HTTP messages at both client and
server connections for at least the proxy first receiving HTTP requests,
maybe the backends as well.

For current Squid versions you can retrieve those details from cache.log
after configuring "debug_options 11,2". Make sure the cache is empty
first, make an HTTP request for one object, wait 10sec then after that
transaction *finishes*, then make a second identical request.

If the URLs are publicly accessible, you can use the tool at redbot.org
to fetch them and it will report details about the HTT response
cacheability and any problems with the HTTP syntax.