[squid-users] Squid transparent not caching apt requests from deb.debian.org

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Apr 3 20:32:16 UTC 2020

On Friday 03 April 2020 at 22:26:13, zrm wrote:

> Greetings! Today I bring you a Squid cache mystery.

> In the first case we get TCP_MISS every time because it isn't caching
> the data, in the second case it's only the first time and after that we
> get TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED. But how and why is this happening?

Given that this is an intercepting proxy and you're using HTTP (not HTTPS),
can you do a packet capture with tshark or similar on the internal interface,
to show the full details of the HTTP request which comes in to Squid from apt,
and the same for wget, to see what difference there is?

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.