[squid-users] Multiple access logs

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Apr 1 18:29:19 UTC 2020

On 4/1/20 11:21 AM, lameventanas at gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible to have multiple access_log entries in Squid 3.5?

I have not checked Squid v3, but I suspect the answer has not changed
much since that version.

> For example, to write to a file and a daemon at the same time?

Multiple access logs are supported, but there are caveats.

A matching "access_log none" directive terminates logging -- directives
below it are not checked. Some believe that this is desirable and
documented behavior, similar to a "deny" rule match, I guess.

Also, the related code is buggy AFAICT. To make sure that all configured
access logs are used, try this _untested_ workaround: Do not use more
than one access_log directive without ACLs. If you use one such
directive, then make it the _last_ access_log directive.

For developer-level details see accessLogLogTo().

HTH,