[squid-users] Squid Benchmark

Emmanuel BILLOT gaia45500 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 16:59:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

This is probably a bring recurring subject, but users in our company
frequently say that "Internet navigating is slow..."
While "slow" is such a relative feeling, depending on computer health, user
behaviour or network state, we have to be aware for bottlenecks.

We are using Squid servers behind a LB, providing Internet or Intranet
access for up to 3000 users.

NAT is for sure a faster way to access web, but considering security and
filtering, we have to use Squid and we want to be sure that Squid is not
the main cause for slow-down.

Is there a strong way, and moreover an efficient tool to check that using
Squid is not a bottleneck compared to a direct to Internet access (NAT) ?

Regards,