[squid-users] Warning: ACL is used in context without an HTTP response

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Sep 25 20:21:11 UTC 2019

On 9/25/19 11:07 AM, Alessandro Andrei wrote:

> acl AuthResponse407 http_status 407
> acl excludefromlog dstdomain .vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
> acl DoNotLog any-of AuthResponse407 excludefromlog
> access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/access.log logformat=squid !DoNotLog

> it's not clear to me how this check should be done in my
> configuration

Here are two untested sketches using the following basic ACL:

  acl Response407 http_status 407
  acl ToVortex dstdomain .vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
  acl HasResponse has response

* If you want to log non-vortex transactions without responses:

  acl Silenced all-of ToVortex
  acl Silenced all-of HasResponse Response407
  access_log ... !Silenced

* If you do _not_ want to log transactions without responses:

  acl Silenced all-of ToVortex
  acl Silenced all-of !HasResponse
  acl Silenced all-of Response407
  access_log ... !Silenced