[squid-users] Warning: ACL is used in context without an HTTP response

Alessandro Andrei alexandrei5691 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 11:12:48 UTC 2019

My access_log file il flooded with messages that I do not want to see

Specifically
1) CONNECT vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
2) TCP_DENIED/407

So I created two ACLs to exclude them from logging and applied it to my access log

acl AuthRequest http_status 407
acl excludefromlog dstdomain .vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/access.log logformat=squid !AuthRequest !excludefromlog

It works but now my cache.log is flooded with
WARNING: AuthRequest ACL is used in context without an HTTP response. Assuming mismatch.

I read in the mailing list archives this is the correct behaviour, but isn't there a way to avoid all this?

Thanks