[squid-users] Working proxy_protocol_access settings on Squid 3.5 or 4?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 24 18:41:34 UTC 2019

On 9/24/19 12:02 PM, Tom Karches wrote:

> 2019/09/24 11:31:46 kid1| PROXY protocol error: invalid header ...

> So, you are saying that v4 does not contain changes to fix the "PROXY
> protocol error" and my only option at this point is v5 code?

Unfortunately, I do not know what causes that specific error, I do not
know whether it was fixed, and, if it was fixed, which Squid versions
contain the fix. In other words, my previous answer did not imply
anything beyond the stated facts.

There may be no good way to answer your questions, but the best way
could be to test the latest Squid v4 release and the latest Squid v5
snapshot.

Alex.