[squid-users] --foreground vs -N

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Wed Sep 18 19:37:05 UTC 2019

Thank you for the response..

Confused what you mean..

this is /dev/shm with --foreground (no workers)

root:/dev/shm # ls -al
total 12
drwxrwxrwt  2 root  root   100 2019-09-18 10:30 .
drwxr-xr-x 17 root  root  3120 2019-09-17 09:08 ..
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy    8 2019-09-18 10:30 squid-cf__metadata.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy 8216 2019-09-18 10:30 squid-cf__queues.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy   36 2019-09-18 10:30 squid-cf__readers.shm

This is --foreground with workers 2
(different machine but same configuration..)

root:/dev/shm # ls -al
total 5856
drwxrwxrwt  2 root  root         280 2019-09-18 15:15 .
drwxr-xr-x 19 root  root        3340 2019-09-18 06:52 ..
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy     393232 2019-09-18 15:15 squid-cache_mem_ex.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy    3145840 2019-09-18 15:16
squid-cache_mem_map_anchors.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy     131080 2019-09-18 15:15
squid-cache_mem_map_filenos.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy     262156 2019-09-18 15:15
squid-cache_mem_map_slices.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy     131112 2019-09-18 15:15 squid-cache_mem_space.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy          8 2019-09-18 15:15 squid-cf__metadata.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy      32852 2019-09-18 15:15 squid-cf__queues.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy         52 2019-09-18 15:15 squid-cf__readers.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy 1073872936 2019-09-18 15:15 squid-squid-page-pool.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy    1572976 2019-09-18 15:15
squid-transients_map_anchors.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy      65544 2019-09-18 15:15
squid-transients_map_filenos.shm
-rw-------  1 proxy proxy     131084 2019-09-18 15:15
squid-transients_map_slices.shm

Confused if this is good or bad, or evidence of an 'SMP vs non-SMP
configuration' issue..

Thank you again..

--

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for
the individual(s) named. If you are not an intended recipient you are not