[squid-users] SSL termination problem - squid's requests using https

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 17 20:07:15 UTC 2019

On 9/17/19 2:07 PM, Sam Holden wrote:

> https_port 4277 accel ... protocol=http

> sees port 4227 act as an http port (no ssl)

Assuming you meant "4277" when you said "4227" (or vice versa), your
statement sounds like an indication of a Squid bug to me: The "protocol"
option is documented to affect Squid-to-origin URL reconstruction. It
should have no effect on client-to-Squid communication (and https_port,
of course, expects TLS connections). In other words, the above
configuration should do what you want in principle AFAICT.

How does Squid report the above https_port at startup? Look for the
"Accepting ... at ..." line early in your cache.log.

What happens when you connect to the above https_port using a TLS
connection?