[squid-users] Non-Transparent HTTP+HTTP Proxy

sknz sakibnizam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 10:45:39 UTC 2019

[Updated] I'm trying to configure Squid 3.5.3 for access controller/captive
portal last few days.

#1 For this config, on client device:  *URL could not be retrieved - Invalid
Url*
http_port 3128

#2 Squid log throws an Error - No forward port
http_port 3128 intercept

#3 On client device:  *URL could not be retrieved - Invalid Url*
http_port 3128
http_port 3127 intercept

#4 On client device: Unable to forward this request
http_port 3128 accel

#5 Now this works!
http_port 3128 accel allow-direct

Under same settings in other things, I've changed Squid config # 1 to 5, can
you guess what's happening here? What's so special about "allow-direct"
here?  Why transparent proxy is not working? Why forward proxy is working
only with "allow-direct"?