[squid-users] squid 4.8 web reports

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Sep 15 00:32:43 UTC 2019

On 15/09/19 9:07 am, Erick Perez - Quadrian Enterprises wrote:
> Good day,
> using Squid 4.8 for about 200 users here.
> I would like to generate reports, but on the squid website page most
> of the tools listed are several years outdated. (example: calamaris)
> Are there some recent web-based report generators for squid 4.8?

The old tools for log analysis should still be good. The native log
format is essentially static, additions need to fit the defined format
or be for optional custom logs. So while some specific field values may
not be known to the tool, the good tools should be able to handle that
cleanly.

> Tried Screen Squid but never got it to work...interface never showed anything.

That seems odd. IIRC it should at least be able to show you the log
entries. Though I have not used that helper myself.