[squid-users] Squid CAS integration

Dario Basset dario.basset at unimi.it
Fri Sep 6 09:36:46 UTC 2019

Thanks.

-> With CAS I mean the Central Authentication Service, which is supported
here: https://github.com/apereo/cas or here:
https://www.apereo.org/projects/cas It is a system for Single Sign On
authentication with Service Ticket, and it is quite used in Universities. We
want to integrate Squid with CAS auth.
The authentication provided by CAS is based on a mechanism which redirect
user navigation to CAS University site, and proceed only when credentials
are valid. In this way the site that picks the credentials is not an
application site, but it is University CAS itself. The application that uses
University CAS is simply redirecting user navigation, that it takes the
control.

-> Ok for PHP

-> For what concerns Squid helpers, I saw some examples, but most of those
examples are based never-ending loops that wait for standard input and then
proceed with authentication. In this loop, the credentials are picked by
Squid web server. We do not want this. We want credentials to be inputted in
our CAS portal system. But I don't know how to code configuration file for
Squid and related helpers.

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>