[squid-users] cannot access squid with https_port: 403

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Sep 4 14:05:09 UTC 2019

On 4/09/19 2:59 am, fansari wrote:
> OK - I cannot figure out the whole requirement right now.
>
> In case it will not not work like this: with a) you mean "intercept" and
> with b) "tproxy"?

No for (b) I mean "TLS explicit". New connections from clients start
with TLS handshake immediately, no CONNECT message or HTTP layering
going on. Just a client talking to a proxy - explicitly over TLS instead
of TCP.

> Which of these scenarios would you recommend in case http_port will not do
> for us?

I cannot answer that without details of the client application and how
it performs connection setup. You seem reluctant to go into detail over
that, so I mentioned all the options.