[squid-users] cannot access squid with https_port: 403

fansari nabil1385 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 12:29:25 UTC 2019

Thank you for your reply.

If I drop the keyword "intercept" I get this error message when starting
squid:

FATAL: ssl-bump on https_port requires tproxy/intercept which is missing.

Using "tproxy" does not help me either - I also end up with 403.

What I want to achieve with my scenario is just caching of https content.

The scenario consists of one central system (the "server") and then the
"clients".

For the interface used I work with private IPv4 addresses.

On the server there is IP masquerading for NAT - but it seems that the
traffic even gets stuck before it is sent out.

I tested with tcpdump on the outgoing interface and checked the logs of my
webserver (which I used for a test) and both tests show that the connection
is not going out to my webserver but gets stuck on the squid.

Is "intercept" the correct way when I want to cache https content?

Regarding the clients of the real scenario: this will be a Chromium
application so I could setup a .pac file for example. But before testing
this I want to have a successful curl test.