[squid-users] SIGBUS attempting to use rock

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Oct 18 15:11:02 UTC 2019

On 10/18/19 10:25 AM, Antonio SJ Musumeci wrote:

> I'd be happy to post this on squid-dev / submit a pull request.

Please do, assuming you are willing to do the legwork necessary to go
from a proof of concept (that has already changed several times during
this short discussion!) to the final officially-acceptable solution.

    https://wiki.squid-cache.org/MergeProcedure

You do not have to get the overall design approved on squid-dev first,
but I would recommend that step to reduce code rewrites in this case.
The design RFC needs no code. I would focus on how the new feature will
avoid false warnings (especially in cases where the partition may have
stale Squid files that this instance will overwrite). BTW, please keep
in mind that Squid creates many segments of various sizes, in
decentralized fashion.