[squid-users] (no subject)

Vieri Di Paola vieridipaola at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 12:21:47 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 3:50 PM Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> Note that this last entry is about a connection to port 443, whereas the
> rest of the log is all about traffic to port 80.
> >
> > The Squid machine has no issues if I browse the web from command line,
> > eg. 'links http://www.linuxheadquarters.com' works fine.
> >
> > What should I be looking for?
>
> TCP/IP level packet routing. Squid is trying to open a TCP connection to
> that "remote=" server. TCP SYN is sent, and then ... ... ... nothing.

I noticed the ":80 to :443" flaw in the log, and I don't know why this
shows up if it's not a redirection.
So I did another test to another destination, and I tried to connect
to host with IP addr. 104.113.250.104 on port 80.
Now the log is consistent, but I'm still getting the same connection
timeout even though I can connect without any issues with an HTTP
client from the Squid machine itself. If it were a packet routing
issue, wouldn't the connection time out also with this HTTP client on
the server itself?

Do you see anything fishy in the squid log I've pasted below?

https://pastebin.com/yJZYw28A

Thanks again,

Vieri