[squid-users] How to make only IPV6 visible even incoming via IPV4?

Marcelo Rodrigo - Graminsta.com.br marcelosantos.mail at uol.com.br
Thu Oct 10 02:59:10 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

Great job you are doing on the Squid Project!!!

I have a Squid setup I am using as proxy for over a year now all working
just fine;)

Now I am implementing IPV6 as outgoing_address. So a customer enters with an
IPV4 and is routed out via IPV6 like below in squid.conf:

http_port 182.XX.XX.97:4444 name=166

acl ip166 myportname 166

tcp_outgoing_address XXXX:XXXX:XXX::7bb

The issue is when I verify IP leads to avoid proxy detection using websites
like https://ipleak.net it shows both IPs, IPV4 and IPV6.

I need it to show only IPV6.

I am using this setup to access just one IPV6 service and in the future my
plans are to access IPV4 websites too.

I am using squid 4.8 on Ubuntu 18.04.3 recently upgraded from version 16.04.

As the upgrade did not enabled netplan, I am still using the
/etc/network/interfaces legacy as below:

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0

iface eth0 inet6 static

address XXXX:XXXX:XXX::6CA

netmask 64

broadcast XXXX:XXXX:XXX::6CA

gateway XXXX:XXXX:XXX::1

dns-nameservers  2620:119:35::35 2606:4700:4700::1111

#---------------------------------------------------------

auto eth0:1

iface eth0:1 inet static

address 182.XX.XX.97

netmask 255.255.255.0

broadcast 182.XX.XX.97

gateway 182.XX.XX.254

auto eth0:2

iface eth0:2 inet6 static

address XXXX:XXXX:XXX::7BB

netmask 64

broadcast XXXX:XXXX:XXX::7BB

gateway XXXX:XXXX:XXX::1

Any ideas about how to make Squid shows only the IPV6 from
tcp_outgoing_address?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Marcelo Rodrigo