[squid-users] Squid to Android

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Oct 3 14:26:21 UTC 2019

On 10/3/19 8:06 AM, service at 4gproxies.net wrote:

> We are trying to set up proxy based server on AWS and using Squid. As
> well we have been trying to integrate the process of port forwarding
> with the dynamic IP address using Squid server. So is it possible?

I am not sure what you mean by "the process of port forwarding" and
"dynamic IP address": Those words could mean a lot of different things
to different people. Perhaps you can give an example of what should be
happening and then say what is actually happening compared to that
example? Sharing the relevant portions of your squid.conf may also be
useful.

> We are trying to build the TCP tunnel using Squid and android device to
> connect them with the server. We succeed to build the tunnel with the
> forwarding port 3000 and even we are receiving the request. Problem is
> that we are receiving the request but the request is not coming in the
> form of an open port. So is it possible to set up with the Squid?

Same problem -- the phrase "open port" can be interpreted in many ways.