[squid-users] Does Squid support ICAP early responses?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Oct 1 14:28:56 UTC 2019

On 9/30/19 12:23 PM, Felipe Arturo Polanco wrote:

> Does anyone know if Squid support early ICAP responses from the ICAP
> server in the middle of a body transfer?

I do not know for sure. A source code comment implies that Squid ICAP
client expects early responses to be errors, but I did not see any
obvious signs that a positive early response cannot be handled correctly
in my cursory review of the corresponding code.

I can say that Squid _should_ support early responses. If it does not,
quality pull requests that fix or add that support would be welcomed.

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/AboutSquid#How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F

Alex.
P.S. Please note that an early response itself does _not_ end an ICAP
transaction. To preserve the ICAP connection, the ICAP client (i.e.
Squid) still has to finish sending the request.