[squid-users] After enabling IPv6 squid no longer responds

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Nov 14 19:00:12 UTC 2019

On Thursday 14 November 2019 at 19:50:00, James Moe wrote:

> On 13/11/2019 12.36 pm, James Moe wrote:
> >   After adding v6 addresses to the server and hosts, and enabling an RA,
> >   squid no longer delivers anything from its cache, or is exceedingly slow
> >   about it.
>
>   Here is a typical error message from squid:
>
> The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://dx.doi.org/
> Connection to 2606:4700:20::681a:9ed failed.
> The system returned: (110) Connection timed out
>
>   There is nothing in the access.log; the request is utterly ignored.
>   When I have the browser bypass the proxy, the site loads almost instantly.

Have you confirmed (for example with a network packet sniffer) that the browser
is connecting directly to the site also using IPv6?

For that matter, have you used a packet sniffer to find out what Squid is doing,
in terms of requests sent and possible responses received?

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.