[squid-users] After enabling IPv6 squid no longer responds

James Moe jimoe at sohnen-moe.com
Thu Nov 14 18:50:00 UTC 2019

On 13/11/2019 12.36 pm, James Moe wrote:

>   After adding v6 addresses to the server and hosts, and enabling an RA, squid
> no longer delivers anything from its cache, or is exceedingly slow about it.

  Here is a typical error message from squid:

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
http://dx.doi.org/
Connection to 2606:4700:20::681a:9ed failed.
The system returned: (110) Connection timed out

  There is nothing in the access.log; the request is utterly ignored.
  When I have the browser bypass the proxy, the site loads almost instantly.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com