[squid-users] Squid crash - 3.5.21

hindsight1 suxikang1 at hisilicon.com
Sun Nov 10 12:13:09 UTC 2019

Hi,Alex
When running Squid4.8 on the arm using SMP. And setting 4 or 7,9  worker
,the same error occurred in the log.
>> Received Bus Error...dying,
Debugging the core file with gdb found that the address was not aligned.

Does it consider the case where only address-aligned access is supported on
arm

The question is, why is the type of Item in the PageStack class using
uint32_t, can it be replaced with uint64_t or size_t? When I change to
uint64_t, the problem disappears.
I tried another way to ensure that the theCapacity  parameter passed in to
an even number also solves this problem.

Kind Regards,
hindsight
Alex Rousskov wrote