[squid-users] helperHandleRead: unexpected read

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Nov 1 06:05:33 UTC 2019

On 1/11/19 6:23 pm, 499258179 wrote:
> I just start learn squid, and i find a
> 2019/11/01 00:06:14 kid1| helperHandleRead: unexpected read from timecheck
> #Hlpr8, 3 bytes 'OK
> '
> 2019/11/01 00:06:20 kid1| helperHandleRead: unexpected read from timecheck
> #Hlpr6, 3 bytes 'OK
> in my cache log, timecheck is my php auth for squid
> I have follow questions,
> 1. what is helperHandleRead: unexpected read

Your helper is sending a line of data to Squid when there has been no
matching query sent to it.

> 2. how to fix this issue

Find out why the helper is not delivering only and exactly ONE line of
output (response/result) to each single line of input (query/lookup).

Probably incorrect number of newlines being printed to stdout.

<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#What_language_are_helper_meant_to_be_written_in.3F>