[squid-users] Squid proxy in Azure

Peter Spencer Peter.Spencer at idegroup.com
Mon May 20 08:43:56 UTC 2019

Good morning

Was hoping you could please advise.. we are looking to put a squid proxy in Azure. Reason being, we have two sites with network resilience. At the moment, we have one squid proxy on one of our local site DCs, and would ideally like to place this in Azure. So if either site goes down, internet traffic is routed via Azure and is still monitored. Does the squid proxy work over WAN?

Thanks

Peter

Peter Spencer
Systems Escalation Engineer

Email:  Peter.Spencer at idegroup.com
Tel:    +448448741462
Web:    idegroup.com<http://www.idegroup.com>
[http://idegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Email_Logo_IDE.jpg]<http://idegroup.com>
Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/_idegroup>       |       Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/company/27109080/>

Latest News<http://www.idegroup.com/news-events/news>
[http://idegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/sig_banner.jpg]<https://www.idegroup.com/services/training//>

This email has been sent by and on behalf of IDE Group Holdings plc (and/ or its subsidiaries), a public company registered in Scotland (company number SC368538) with registered office at 24 Dublin Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3PP ("IDE Group").
The information in this email including any attachment is confidential, may be privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If it is not addressed to you, please do not read, disclose, copy, forward it on or keep a record of this email and/or the information within it.
If you receive this email in error, please advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission, and then delete the email without making copies. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance upon the contents of this email by unauthorised recipients is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that we may intercept, monitor and store emails and any communications with IDE Group may be monitored for the purposes of ensuring compliance with law, our policies and for audit purposes.
We have tried to ensure this email does not contain any viruses and we cannot accept any responsibility for damage caused by a virus. It is therefore recommended that upon receipt from us that you should scan all emails for viruses.
No contracts or commitments may be concluded on behalf of IDE Group or its group companies by means of email, and no statement or representation made in this email is binding on IDE Group.