[squid-users] security_file_certgen problem

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 21 11:28:53 UTC 2019

On 21/03/19 10:04 am, leomessi983 wrote:
>> Have you initialized the /var/lib/ssl_db directory using the
>> low-privilege account Squid operates as?
> Yes i use -c option and set permissions for nobody and nogroup user which squid use!

If you are using Debian packages, or packages based on the Debian
official .deb the user account is 'proxy'. That could be the problem.

>> The helper should have output a message before it shutdown. If that
>> managed to get written it would occur somewhere before this line in your
>> cache.log.
> After squid showed that warning  fatal error accrued and some termination errors!

Yes that is clear. That warning is the "last straw" at the *end* as
Squid gives up on the helper. The helper will already have aborted maybe
10 times leading up to that and should have printed its reason for the
abort. So I asked what was going on *before* the warning ?

> I usedsecurity_file_certgen helper from squid4.3 source files and then i
> created a .deb package from my squid 4.6 compiled files and former helpers!
> then squid runs perfectly!!
> I think security_file_certgen helper in squid 4.6 is the problem!!
>
> Also when i copy cecutity_file_certgen helper from older squid 4.3 to my new machine whit squid 4.6 it is OK !!!!!

That is odd. The only changes related to that helper between those
version is improved support for OpenSSL 1.0.* libraries and deprecated API.