[squid-users] Squid HIER_NONE state in access logs

Dave Mulford dave.mulford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 21:46:35 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to determine what would cause Squid proxy to log a
TCP_MISS/200 with a HIER_NONE state in its access logs.  A sample line
looks like this (I've masked some of the values):

1549073041.578 8 1.2.3.4 TCP_MISS/200 123456 GET
https://www.example.com:8443/mysite.js - HIER_NONE/-
+application/javascript ...

Looking in the forums I found an answer [1] that says this state can be
logged if collapsed_forwarding or iCAP/eCAP are used.  I'm using neither.

What other conditions could cause a TCP_MISS/200 with a HIER_NONE?

Thanks,
Dave

[1]
http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/HIER-NONE-on-TCP-MISS-tp4682907p4682920.html