[squid-users] security_file_certgen problem

leomessi983 at yahoo.com leomessi983 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 21:04:36 UTC 2019

> Have you initialized the /var/lib/ssl_db directory using the
> low-privilege account Squid operates as?
Yes i use -c option and set permissions for nobody and nogroup user which squid use!
> The helper should have output a message before it shutdown. If that
> managed to get written it would occur somewhere before this line in your
> cache.log.
After squid showed that warning  fatal error accrued and some termination errors!

I used security_file_certgen helper from squid4.3 source files and then i created a .deb package from my squid 4.6 compiled files and former helpers!
then squid runs perfectly!!
I think security_file_certgen helper in squid 4.6 is the problem!!
Also when i copy cecutity_file_certgen helper from older squid 4.3 to my new machine whit squid 4.6 it is OK !!!!!