[squid-users] attempting to disable (or mute) logs

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Mar 16 15:43:37 UTC 2019

On 16/03/19 5:44 am, Joey Officer wrote:
> Thanks Marcus, that does appear to be the same thing I’m seeing.
>

> Appreciate you providing a link to the bug, I’ll be following it.

I'm not so sure that is right.

Your attempted ACL check was based on HTTP response status code when
this transaction has no response at all (thus no status). The "000" is a
log display artifact meaning "none", not an actual value. So the match
result of 'no-response' is correct.

I think you are needing the "has" ACL instead (new in Squid-4):

 acl hasRequest has request
 access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/access.log !hasRequest

I have not tried this myself, but it is supposed to be the way to do
what you are wanting. If you are using an older Squid-3.x version please
consider this a reason to upgrade to current.