[squid-users] attempting to disable (or mute) logs

Joey Officer JOfficer at istreamfs.com
Wed Mar 13 13:09:11 UTC 2019

I'm running a squid instance in AWS behind a network load balancer.  As part of the health checks, at least that's what I believe, we're seeing this log entry spamming which is hiding the rest of the relevant log data.  Sample log entry (repeating countless times)

1552419269.039 0 172.34.33.137 NONE/000 0 NONE error:transaction-end-before-headers - HIER_NONE/- -

I've added the following:

acl dontLog http_status 000             # tcp_denied (due to auth)

cache_store_log none
cache_log /dev/null
access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/access.log !dontLog

Any help on hiding that log entry so I can get back to useful data would be great.

Thanks,
Joey