[squid-users] Squid-3.5.28 slowdown

Enrico Heine flashdown at data-core.org
Mon Mar 4 09:42:50 UTC 2019

Hm, I do at least "believe" that it is very likely to be the same with ecap, but I don't know this protocol in anyway, so I can't give a qualified answer on that.

Anyway, if it is your issue then you can use the test command provided anytime and see the issue slowly emerging until it reaches an amount where tcp_mem is getting to big and a net rate limit is triggered by the kernel which then finally results in slow networking performance, which can be only resolved with a squid restart  . Also check /var/log/kern.log for the point in time where you had the slowness issue, you should see some lines there which you can provide here.

Anyway, if it is your bug, please share this info with us.

Br, Flashdown