[squid-users] Squid-3.5.28 slowdown

Michael Hendrie michael at hendrie.id.au
Fri Mar 1 22:43:49 UTC 2019

> On 1 Mar 2019, at 9:34 pm, Enrico Heine <flashdown at data-core.org> wrote:
>
> >>just a shot into the dark<<, is it possible that you use the adaption service for ICAP?

There is an eCAP adaptation service but not ICAP, would eCAP be effected by the same condition reported the bug report you linked to?
Early in the investigation I did change 'ecap enable off' and do 'squid -k reconfigure' while the condition was present but it didn't restore speed, a full squid restart was required.

> If so, fast test, this should return 0 if u are not affected by this, if higher than 0 check the link below:
> netstat -pa | grep CLOSE_WAIT | wc -l
>
> also have a look into /var/log/kern.log

I will check these out next time the condition occurs

Thanks,

Michael