[squid-users] ipv4 + ipv6

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Mar 1 21:23:56 UTC 2019

On 3/1/19 6:41 AM, mzgmedia wrote:

> we a squid server with both IPv4 and IPv6

> now if a user will connect to Ipv4, it will also get an Ipv6 from squid. We
> want to prevent that, if the user will connect to IPv4, to have just Ipv4
> and if connects to Ipv6 to have just Ipv6 and it seems that we can't manage
> to do this.

> Can you please provide some hits?

Amos is right, so please make sure that you truly _need_ what you are
asking about. For a more direct answer to your question, see [1].
TLDR: Squid currently lacks configuration options to enforce IP version
for outgoing connections.

[1]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2017-October/016769.html