[squid-users] Squid proxy 100% CPU 3.5.28 -Cache off

amlgp amlgp at mftsl.xyz
Fri Mar 1 20:47:46 UTC 2019

I am running on a i7-7700k with 32GB of ram on Centos 6.

Squid 3.5.28 is the latest version Centos 6 can run.

I have about 250 proxies/clients accessing squid and my cache deny all is on
the first line in my squid.conf. No errors in my logs and "squid -k parse"
shows no "WARNING" messages.

Clients/proxies are experiencing lag and when checking my Cpu usage is 100%.
I tried to restart and its smooth for a few minutes at 1-2% cpu, but then
jumps to 100% again.

I also tried squid -k debug but nothing shows up in my
/var/log/squid/cache.log which is where the log is supposed to go to(file
doesn't exist). Do I need to manually create the log file first?

I've also looked in squid.out and there hasn't been any error messages since
last month when I tried to install squid.

Any idea what I can do to debug the problem or figure out how to stop it
from happening? Thank you in advance!