[squid-users] Squid and url modifying

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at sarenet.es
Fri Mar 1 12:59:16 UTC 2019

Good afternoon,

Is it possible for Squid to do something like :

- Receive request :
https://oooeeee.eeee.ttt.thesquidserver.org/u?ii=99&j=88

and

to really perform a request as : https://oooeeee.eeee.ttt/u?ii=99&j=88
[1]

I mean not to redirect users with url redirection. Just act as a proxy
but having Squid the proper acknoledge internally for being able to make
the proper request to the destination?. Is it possible without
redirecting url, to return for instance a 403 error to the source web
browser in order to not be able to access to the site if some kind of
circumstances are given?.

If the last config, was not possible... perhaps I needed to just to
redirect forcibly?. I have read for that purpose you can use URL
redirectors.... so I assume the concept is :

- Receive request :
https://oooeeee.eeee.ttt.thesquidserver.org/u?ii=99&j=88

and

to really perform a request as : https://oooeeee.eeee.ttt/u?ii=99&j=88
[1]

If all conditions for allowing to see the content are OK, return the web
browser a 301 redirect answer with the
https://oooeeee.eeee.ttt/u?ii=99&j=88 [1] URL. Else, just return a 403
or redirect you to a Forbidden page... I think this could be implemented
with URL redirectors...but... the fact is... which kind of conditions or
env situations can you use for validating the content inside the url
redirector?.

Thanks a lot for your time :)

Cheers!

--

EGOITZ AURREKOETXEA
Dpto. de sistemas
egoitz at sarenet.es
www.sarenet.es [2]
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario
hacerlo.

Links:
------
[1] https://oooeeee.eeee.ttt.thesquidserver.org/u?ii=99&j=88