[squid-users] delay_pools does not work in squid 4.x

sargen sargen1907 at mail.ru
Sun Jun 30 14:17:36 UTC 2019

Hello.
My system is FreeBSD 11.2. I am using squid 3.5.28 compiled with support for
delay_pools in the following configuration

acl deny_blocked proxy_auth -i "/usr/local/etc/squid/blocked_users.acl"
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 4
delay_access 1 allow deny_blocked
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 -1 / -1 -1 / -1 -1 / -1 8000/16000

After upgrading squid from version 3.5.28 to 4.5, delay_pools stopped
working.
I found this thread -
http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Delay-pools-in-squid4-not-working-with-https-td4685837.html,
but the discussion seems to be it ended in nothing, and I had to go back to
version 3.5.28.
Two days ago, I encountered this problem again, and found that in squid 4.7
version, delay_pools are still not working.
This time, FreeBSD 12.0 was installed on the server, and I could not install
squid 3.5.25, since this port was marked as broken in it due to conflicts
with openssl.

When can we expect a solution to the issue of delay_pools?
Thanks.