[squid-users] Bypassing SSL Man In the Middle Filtering For Certain LAN IP's

Mike Golf mjguiao at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 02:32:17 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I've setup a squid proxy server on my PFSense router, is there any way of
bypassing HTTPS/SSL filtering for certain LAN IP's. I have IP addresses
192.168.1.0-192.168.1.200 allocated through DHCP and I want these devices
to bypass SSL interception but not the standard HTTP proxy.

Since most modern sites use HTTPS by default HTTP caching isn't that
effective anymore, however I want my personal devices to use the SSL proxy
so I can get the fastest possible browsing experience without having to
install certificate authorities on my guests devices which use the DHCP
range.