[squid-users] [ext] Re: Log resolved IP somehow?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Tue Jun 18 14:20:20 UTC 2019

* Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>:

> Or,
>  its IPv6 is listed.

No ipv6 here.

> Or,
>  your test was done from a different machine than the one running Squid.

Nope.

> Or,
>  the DNS query packet arrived at Akamai via a different DNS recursive
> resolver this time.

Could be

> Or,
>  the Internet route between your network and Akamai DNS changed slightly.

Unlikely, but possible.

> (Don't we all love query-dependent DNS responses.)

:D

> > How can I log the IP "trx.adscale.de" resolved to when the rejection happened?
> >

> Your DNS resolver logs should contain that info.

I could indeed log that. Don't know if I'm doing that right now, but
probably not.

> If the check is close to the transaction time, then your Squid ipcache
> manager report should list all the IPs that domain has.
>
> Other than that, your best bet would be the debug trace of what ACLs are
> matching. "debug_options 28,4" should do it.

Well, I do know which ACL is matching, just not which line.

I'll go for the query log.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin