[squid-users] Prepending a string to cache_peer username

Charlie Orford email+squid at charlie.is
Tue Jun 18 11:34:11 UTC 2019

On 18/06/2019 06:01, ngtech1ltd at gmail.com wrote:

> I believe that eCAP or ICAP can do the trick for you.
>
> However I am not sure if it’s a good thing to pass usernames and
> password in WWW Http requests.
>
> Eliezer

Thanks Eliezer. ICAP looks interesting. Do you know for sure if Squid's
cache_peer code would indeed use the username from a modified
Proxy-Authorization header rather than the initial authenticated
username provided when the client originally connected to Squid (made
available to ICAP via adaptation_send_username)?