[squid-users] Prepending a string to cache_peer username

Charlie Orford email+squid at charlie.is
Mon Jun 17 11:46:12 UTC 2019

Annoyingly, one of our upstream cache_peers requires a fixed string to
be prepended to client usernames.

I'm aware the login= option for cache_peer allows substituting * with
client provided username and appending a fixed string to this.

Is there a way to achieve something similar if we need to prepend rather
than append a string (perhaps a clever ACL/external_auth trick we could
use to modify client usernames destined for this peer)?

Thanks for any suggestions.