[squid-users] dns_v4_first off for squid Squid Cache: Version 5.0.0-20190715-rd3527ec67

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jul 29 22:39:04 UTC 2019

On 7/29/19 5:37 PM, --Ahmad-- wrote:
> Hello Folks .
>
> i have a problem with IPV6 when i moved to squid Squid Cache: Version 5.0.0-20190715-rd3527ec67.
>
> in squid 3.5 when i put :
> dns_v4_first off
> i have all resolution of domains for ipv6 as 1st priority then ipv4 .
>
> but …
> when i have squid 5.x.x
>
> seems this directive not effective bec i keep have all domains to be ipv4 1st .

Yes, Squid v5 ignores dns_v4_first. That option is supposed to be
completely removed IIRC.

> can you check for me if its config or squid version ?

Please see the Happy Eyeballs Update section in future v5 release
notes[1a, 1b] while keeping in mind another big Happy Eyeballs change[2]
that is currently waiting for the reviewer who has been stalling it for
3+ months.

[1a]
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/blob/master/doc/release-notes/release-5.sgml#L65

[1b]